Monday 20 August 2012

Experiencing God!



God, Grace and blessings are almost synonymous with one another.  

Different Gods are accepted and worshipped as their creator and savior in different parts of the world ... But the common  thread   'God'  runs through the  acceptance and worship by the entire humanity.

Looking closer we discover that the most common thread that runs through the entire acceptance worship of God is that :

- The entire life on earth is the creation of one God.
- The God is present everywhere and in everything on this earth and -- - There is no place where God doesn't exist - he is omnipresent.

If that is what the entire humanity accepts and worships, then why we don't see God? Why we don't experience God? 

That which is accepted and worshipped by the entire humanity over millenniums can't be seen and can't be experienced is some what disappointing, since God ought to have been seen and experienced by all with such acceptance and worship over the millenniums! 

It is common knowledge that, some months of single minded working on a stone gets the worker to see some shape and experience the shape of what he/she is working on. 

If seeing and experiencing something which is worked on for as short a period as months lets the person see and experience it, then why God being accepted and worshipped by the entire humanity is not seen or experienced  by people and why only a few say they have seen God and experienced God?

Is God so tough and elusive that we can not see him and experience him?

Is God so unachievable despite millenniums of acceptance and worship by the humanity?

Has God discriminated to be seen and experienced by only a few people and not generally available to be seen and experienced by all?

My mind was saying that this somehow does not go well with the most worshipped belief that God exists in every thing on this earth and there is no place where God is not there and that God is omnipresent.

Then I sat  down  and contemplated, looked into many writings and went through noble quotes but still i didn't get a satisfactory answer and then  I went out for a walk ...but this thought lingered on in my mind .. As I stepped out -  I saw a tree, I gazed at the tree then I asked my self is this tree God? Then I saw a man passing by me and I saw him and he saw me .. He smiled and smiled back.. I again asked myself is this person God?.. My mind started racing and everything I saw .. I asked this question.. The sky,  the sun, the earth right below my feet, the flowers, birds, the people around... I asked the same question.. 

Then I walked a little ahead and it started drizzling and the first rain drops hit me and I experienced the droplets falling on my head and my face, I felt the coldness in the rain drops... My mind stopped!! I stood there soaking in the rain and it felt very good ...... 
... Then suddenly there was a flash and in that moment  I realized... Hey I am SEEING  God .. Right here..in this tree ..in the sky, in the sun, in the people around and I am experiencing God ..in the coldness of the rain drops and the wind that hit me... 

The rain stopped and I reached a huge banyan tree and sat underneath it and my mind began contemplating... God is not one thing  and is not in one form ... It's everything.. and in every form .. Experiencing God is the experience of rain drops on my face, experiencing  a smile of the person who passed by me... 

My mind settled down in calmness with the  realization that all of us are seeing God every moment... in the tree, the sky and every human around.. and all of us are experiencing God .. in the experience of the rain drops falling on the face, in the smile of someone who smiles at us.. Then I concluded that... It's our ignorance in recognizing a simple truth that God is omni-present and therefore, everything we see and every thing we experience is Seeing God and experiencing God... God is right there within us and around us... And what stops us from seeing and experiencing God is our ignorance to recognize it.. Those who recognize this simple truth are blessed and are known and called as enlightened! 

Seeing God and experiencing him is so simple and it is so simple to be enlightened!!. 

Whether we choose to be ignorant in recognizing this simple truth will makes us either ordinary or enlightened!

No comments:

Post a Comment